Having Borderline Personality Disorder sucks a lot. The struggle and pain of it all is so intense sometimes.
But I’m also discovering the gifts of highly sensitive emotional people.
- We are naturally empathetic and compassionate
- We are able to have deep and authentic relationships
- Our joy is contagious and can be found in the simplest of things
- We can’t ignore the pain and injustice we see around us
- We make great artists and storytellers.
I’m glad I’m still myself with BPD and that having intense emotions isn’t inherently a bad thing. Emotions are signals that help us understand what is important to us, what we need in each moment, and how we relate to the world around us. I’m grateful for my emotions, even the sometimes really painful ones, because of who they make me.